On May 21st, 1930, Earl Clemmons and family were enumerated for the 1930 census. They were living in Dodd Township in Jefferson County which is just south east of Mount Vernon. They had recently moved up from Missouri.
The person who wrote down their information only put one M in Clemmons instead of two. Listed in the house hold where:
Earl Clemons is listed as the head of house and is 35 years old. He was born in Tennessee and was currently a farmer. Earl is listed as a veteran of the World War. Mary A, Earls wife, is 33 years old and was born in Illinois. Both are able to read and write. They have a total of 5 children listed:
- Harry C. – Age 11 – Born in Missouri and is attending school.
- Edna Earl – Age 10 – Born in Missouri and is attending school.
- Edith Merle – Age 6 – Born in Missouri.
- Howard E. – Age 3 years 5 Months old and born in Missouri.
- William T. – Age 1 month old and born in Illinois.
Listed last in the house is Lula, Earl’s mother. She is 59 years old and was born in Arkansas. No occupation is listed.
Click on the image below to see a larger version.
Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Dodds, Jefferson, Illinois; Roll: 521; Page: 9B; Enumeration District: 7; Image: 598.0.
Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1930 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2002.